Prayer of Saint Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury,pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

Friday, August 31, 2007

Music

Today I had so much fun with the kids preparing music for Mass this Sunday at Mother House. Oh man, some of the kids take it so seriously and their hand motions are hilarious to watch. The sister in charge is so worried about the music for Mass. She has two practices a day which means I come back in the afternoons to practice for almost two hours. We have songs in English, Hindi, and Bangoli and I am helping to lead the music. I don't speak Hindi or Bangoli so it's a bit of a challenge.

I had dinner (I have somewhat of an appetite now!) at this awesome restaurant on the street right outside my hotel and great conversation with this old couple from England. They were so wonderful to talk to! They said they have a rule that they don't spend more than 3 months in one place, travelling all the time. Oh that would be beautiful (for awhile). I met a girl today from Chile. I told her that I wanted to go to Patagonia and she says her family has a farm there and it's beautiful! I'll have to get her contact info. And then another girl from Italy said she lives in a small town between Florence and Rome near the sea! Hello! I am sad that I didn't schedule more time for travel into my travel...we are so close to Nepal and Dehli (the Taj Mahal) and so many other wonderful places. Oh well, next time. I definitely see much more travel in my near future. I think this place is good preparation for just about anything. I can't imagine a lot that I would be scared to do now. And if I went to Chili I would at least know the language enough to get around!

But don't worry, I haven't changed my return ticket. I will be home in 6 days!
Love you lots, Corina

No comments: