Prayer of Saint Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury,pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

One more week!

It is crazy to think that I have only one more week here! I am a little happy to see the end, but also a little sad to leave. I think maybe I complain about things a lot here, but really I'm having a lot of fun. Some days it is harder to see the good parts of Kolkata, but there really are a lot. I think I will miss working with the kids, but it is good to see that there are so many volunteers. I know that they will have just as much help after I leave.

I feel much better today. I was able to wake up early to make it to 6:00 Mass this morning! I was surprised to wake up before my alarm went off! And I felt okay at work today, I took it easy and sat pretty much the whole time, which was okay because I was teaching. I taught Mongol about nouns today. And he taught me that buses only has one s....I was thinking it had two...busses....hmmm, now they both look wrong. Oh well.

I think I might make it to adoration at the Mother House tonight, but it is so hot here right now that it hurts just thinking about the walk there.

Not much else to report, I guess that's what happens when I spend a lot of time asleep!

Take care, I love you ~ Corina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Corina- So happy you are feeling better! I bet your time seems to have gone by quickly. Will you be able to get your mural finished? I'm almost done with mine at the high school- one more day. Are there anymore sights you wanted to see before you leave? Too bad you couldn't get down to Ceylon- I had an aunt from there that I got to know in New Orleans. Did you know you had a great aunt from India? Take care of yourself, enjoy the last few days as they will go by quickly. Love, Mom