Prayer of Saint Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury,pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

Monday, August 13, 2007

Rain

I love it when it rains. It sucks being wet, but the air is much cooler. I think it is actually cooler outside right now than in my room! That is a first. And I haven't seen too much flooding, there is a big puddle outside our hotel, but I think the streets were drained before we got home. I am developing a cold though, so I'm still not very comfortable. Oh well.

Work was fun today. I played hide and seek with Megha and her brother Mongol. It's hard finding places to hide a wheel chair. We stayed until about 3:00 hoping sister would be there so I could get started painting. She was there, but sleeping so I didn't get anything done. I told her that tomorrow I would start on the mural of Blessed Mother Teresa with children all around her. She doesn't have a picture for that so I have to find one tonight and sketch it out to start tomorrow. I think I will work with the kids until noon and then paint for a couple of hours.

Rush Hour 3 was hilarious! I think I might have to see 1 and 2 when I get back to the states. Everyone here cheers at the cool action scenes and they laugh at things that we might not. They really get into the movie. Next week is Transformers! So worth seeing again.

Oh yeah, I saw my first cockroach in the bathroom today! I tried to squish it, but it crawled back into a hole. I also saw paw prints on my bed today when we got back from work...I sleep right under a window and we leave it open during the day, so I guess I'm asking the cats to come in.

I can't believe I've been her almost a week! Only 3 to go!

Peace, Corina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Corina! Delightful to read your stories. Sounds like you're getting your cup 'filled'. So much new stimuli to take in, and all of it to absorb in such a small time.

We're all thinking of you and remember to have fun, while you're busy with all those murals! Maybe they can teach you a little guitar playing in exchange!!

Love and kisses, Aunt Jani

Anonymous said...

Corina: You'r rad!
I'm glad to hear how excited you are. Jess and I are proud of you and happy for you.

It's hot here in Utah- You have NO idea!! 104 days and 80+ nights & there is a tiny bit-o-humidity. School starts WED- I'm real excited and can't wait to kick around a few squirts!

Keep up the good work, take some sweet pics! Love You!!!
Louie and Jessica (Jones)