Prayer of Saint Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury,pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Victoria and the Singing Lights

Last night we went to Victoria. It is this HUGE monument/palace that was built for Queen Victoria as she was supposed to come to Kolkata to visit for one night. She never came. But now they have a big beautiful building and an enormous park surrounding it. It was so nice to be there in the open and relative quiet. Then we went across the street to see the fountains that light up and dance to the music. They were pretty awesome. They have horse drawn carriages there but it is so sad to see the horses. They are very very underweight and small. You can see their hip bones sticking out and their ribs.

This morning was work at Daya Dan again. Mass with the children was great. Sister asked me to do a new project. She needs pictures of people that we are going to pray for in the prayers of the faithful for Mother's anniversary Mass. So now I am going to be doing portraits of the Holy Father, Blessed Mother, The Sisters and Brothers, the kids...etc. I told her that those will take me awhile so I won't get started on the murals for sometime! She said it will be okay, we'll get it all done. And her and I will be working together to come up with hymns to sing for the Mass. She looked a little dissapointed when I told her that I don't know how to play guitar.

It is raining now and it feels so great. Tuan said the rain will make you sick though because there is so much pollution in it. Ack.

Happy Bithday to dad on the 10th! Sorry I forgot to post it then, I remembered, but forgot to get it on here.

I think Tuan and I are going to see Rush Hour 3 tonight. He said the theaters here are a lot of fun so I'm pretty excited.

Talk to you guys later! Peace, Corina

1 comment:

Val said...

That's so cool that you're doing murals and using your art. I should e-mail you some guitar chord charts. Or you can ask Tuan to play or teach you. It's really easy. It's so inspiring to know that you're there. I miss it. It's wonderful to be reminded of the love I found there looking into the eyes of those kids, praying at Mother's tomb, feeling Christ all around. Absorb as much as you can, except for the smell. Ha ha ha!! Lots of love and prayers!!