Prayer of Saint Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury,pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love. For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Coming Home!

Today is my last day here in India. It feels pretty bitter sweet as it was difficult to leave the children at Daya Dan, but I am also happy to go back to friends and family and toilets. I am suffering from a pretty bad nasal infection right now so the pressure and the pain is killing my head. I won't write tomorrow so don't worry if you don't read anything new. I'll update about my final trip maybe Friday.

Happy Feast Day of Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta! Pray for her canonization, and don't listen to the crap in the media lately. The woman should be a saint!

See you very soon!

2 comments:

Molly said...

Screw the media! I was unspeakably pissed off for about an hour after getting Time magazine in the mail...

See you soon!

Ryan M.D. said...

here is how I look at it. If the Blessed Mother did infact have that much of a faith struggle and do miraculous things. It can only give me a boost to accept the ups and downs of life and push forward doing great things.
It just proves that shes just like us. humble and unsure of where her life's path would take her.
It makes her more of an inspiration to others who question their life and gifts.
In the words of Juan Blanco " I'm just playing the devil's advocate"